Features and Benefits
SIL PADs are electrically and non-electrically insulating thermal materials. They offer a clean and efficient alternative to mica, ceramics or grease for a wide range of electronic applications. They combine a tough carrier material such as fiberglass and conformable silicone rubber.
The SIL PAD family encompasses dozens of products, each with its own unique construction, properties and performance, including:
- Proven silicone rubber binders
- Fiberglass, dielectric film or polyester film carriers
- Special fillers to achieve specific performance characteristics
- Flexible and conformable
- Reinforcements to resist cut-through
- Variety of thicknesses
- Wide range of thermal conductivities and dielectric strengths
Henkel’s current product name is first, followed by Bergquist’s legacy name second. Both products are the same formulation.